Software Engineer, Funnel Leasing
Oct 2020 — Present Pittsburgh (Remote)
Software Engineer, Carnegie Mellon Robotics Academy
Dec 2016 — Oct 2020 Pittsburgh
- Primary architect and developer of the CS-Stem Network (cs2n.org). CS2N is a learning management system written in Ruby on Rails.
- DevOps engineer tasked with running all internal and external CMRA applications.
- Senior team member on an NSF funded research project to produce an AI Microcredential curriculum for industrial robotics technicians.
- Professional development instructor for our Introduction to Programming robotics courses (c++).
Ruby on Rails Developer, Freelance
Jan 2015 — Jun 2016 Pittsburgh
- Designed and implemented an online subscription service web application.
- Used TDD (Test Driven Development) practice to design and regression test the application with RSpec.
Lead Business Analyst, Willis Towers Watson
Feb 2014 — Dec 2016 Pittsburgh
- Developed and updated beneBt enrollment solutions to meet evolving client and regulatory needs.
- Provided mentoring and support to fellow team members working on the client team that I lead.
- Built client-facing report summaries and dashboards using MS SQL Server.
- Developed new features by deploy SQL CRUD updates to the application metadata tables.
- Designed and tested system requirements documented in our benefit enrollment component specifications.
Business Analyst, PNC Bank
Jun 2010 — Feb 2014 Pittsburgh
- Prepared quarterly business review decks in Excel, PowerPoint and Publisher.
- Developed SharePoint tracking lists to collect and report on data from loan audits.
- Helped lead a project to centralize all PNC Mortgage SharePoint sites.
- Implemented Access Databases solutions for outsourcing and title company vendors.
BA in Creative Writing, San Francisco State University Sept 2006 - May 2009 San Francisco
- Ruby On Rails
- React and Redux
- SQL - MySQL, Postgres, and SQL Server
- AWS Webservices - EC2, RDS, CloudFormation Templates, Lambda, Step Functions, SAM CLI, API Gateway, and SageMaker
- Heroku - Pipelines, Heroku CI, and Review Apps
- Human Centered Design - Prototyping, User Interviews, and Idea Jam Sessions